Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sofa, An Announcement

We are currently staying with The companion's friends Sam and Rusty. They are both nice guys and Sam will take me out for a walk when the Companion is out. The sofa used to belong to Sam, but now it's mine. This is Sam and my sofa. Poor Sam, sad because he knows I won.

I like the feel of the sofa. I can lay around on it for hours. Sometimes I lay on the floor just to remind me how much I love that sofa. I've always been a fan of a sofa. Even bad sofas are likable. The companion is always worried about where we are going to live and a job.

I don't care where we live really. As long as there is a sofa. A sofa must be in the top ten, top three things in everyone's life.

It has been a few days since we arrived in San Francisco. A lovely, lovely city. So many dogs around and all so friendly. So much for me to smell in one or two city blocks. It was never like this in Chicago. I like the city and so does the Companion.

He was thinking yesterday about staying. Its so nice here why not? But after the debate, he realized that it would be a distraction from the goal and dream he has of living in the Pacific Northwest.

So while we might try to stay as long as we can, we will not be staying forever, and we will be going to Oregon or Washington soon.

I am now announcing that the blog and adventure is still going. We made to the Pacific and reached that goal! But now we have to find a home, and the companion has to find a job. A different goal, and one I still will blog about!

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the adventure will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you made it to San Francisco!!

    Jan
    GABR volunteer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Antigone,

    I'm so happy to hear that you and your companion have met a major milestone on your journey. Your story has been an inspiration to me as I've been going through similar difficulties with finding work myself, except I'm not lucky like your companion to have an Antigone watching over me.

    Excellent news to hearing you have your priorities straight and scored the couch early on and that you're enjoying all the smells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled you will still be blogging Antigone! I am also very happy you have a sofa to recline upon. I can't wait to hear more and find out where the two of you end up. I spent 6 months in Seattle and LOVED it there. Much to see and do plus there is this awesome mountain with great trails close by. I will be pulling for both of you while you search for a landing spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely check out Oregon! One of my "potential retirement spots" for sure! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thrilled that you are enjoying San Francisco... it is indeed a very dog friendly city! And even better, that you will continue writing your blog. Yes, there is so much more to your journey, and we all love reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Antigone! So excited to follow your inspiring story. You and your companion are awesome. Happy to hear you're enjoying SF!

    I am an East Bay pug and my human says whenever she is feeling down she thinks about you & your companion and the world is a brighter place. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    -Spencer B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on completing one journey and starting another--the journey to find a place of your own with a great sofa! I can relate to the search for job and home (I have the latter and am focused on financial security instead of the former). My dog, Ducky, inspires me to use wags as the energy to go after what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Antigone, my 3 dogs want me to tell you that in the damper climate up North, there are even more smells to relish. Dry places just can't compete when it comes to great smells. Hope the companion finds a nice job. Keep on bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray Antigone and Companion! My companion likes to read your blog, and we are both very happy you will continue your journey. Safe travels and many happy sofas to you, as you look for your new home. Your fan, Teena (Basset Hound)

    ReplyDelete