Thursday, March 4, 2010

We Say Goodbye

Today we biked back to San Francisco. It was a beautiful day for biking and the companion took his time. I didn't know we were returning to Sam and Rusty's house, but as soon as we arrived I was excited. I love that sofa.

We then rested for a little and went to Spike's. Brian joined us for the evening. This is his only free night so we won't see him again before we leave. I like Brian, and the companion does as well. Brian is very sweet and when he comes in or meets us, he greets me properly!

But we said our goodbyes. The companion is a little sad now. Somehow saying bye to Brian made him realize that the journey is completed. He's filled with pride and sadness.

And excitement!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog last night. What a great thing you're doing. I took one of my dogs for a 2 day bicycle camping trip last spring and it sure does add another layer of complication so the fact that you've done this cross country is quite impressive! I can't wait to go back and read from the beginning. STay safe out there and keep updating. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antigone & Companion, Safe journey. your journey's not over. There's still plenty of lives yet to touch. Antigone, something really frightening happened to me a few days ago. The only thing that calmed me down was to see your sweet face on your blog. Your eyes just radiate kindness and compassion. And if I get a dog, it will most assuredly be a basset from a rescue center. Thank you for being you. Now You and companion keep on touching lives. People need you guys. :) Keep blogging! God bless.

    ReplyDelete